Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Structural Engineering Detail Library 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

chamokinawan

Structural
Feb 9, 2015
US
Wanted to get some input on the different ways of managing a detail library. The firm I am at has built up a library full of typical details you can pick out and customize for each project. They are all printed out on paper and appear as a book, if you will, of details separated into different topics such as wood, cmu, steel, etc. I am interested in how other firms manage their library of details. I am trying to create a search engine for the firm so we can type in key words and details will pop up so to make for faster and more efficient detailing. Thanks in advance!.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's pretty slick, with that many details you definitely need a more advanced organization system. I typically use far less details but even so I could probably organize them better.

I am still working on extracting details from previous jobs and cutting and pasting them into the master detail file.

A confused student is a good student.
Nathaniel P. Wilkerson, PE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back