Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Structural II PM (Seismic) Exam (for Illinois SE registration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRW

Structural
Jan 8, 1999
US
Visit site
Does anyone have or know of good preparation material for this exam? Does anyone know what the reviewers are really looking for?<br>
<br>
I have the NCEES preparation manual, but there are only a couple of questions related to this section.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Be prepared!!! If you are taking the oral exam you need to memorize all of the concrete and steel design formulas. Also, memorize the design procedures you go through to design various structures. Good luck!

The NCEES preparation manual is a good start. Do not just focus on steel and concrete, know all of your materials. The test is a written exam so be ready to give as much information as possible. Know your seismic design very well, it is the second part of the test.

They used to (I'm not sure whether or not they do it now) give an oral exam to licensees that wanted an SE through reciprocity from a state who didn't use a SE exam (just a PE).
From the one guy I knew who tried it, it was miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back