Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Struggle to open big assembly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArvindHalashi

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2012
All,

I've sometime struggle to open big big assembly - sometimes I do not get luck to open them and gave me lots of issue and sometime crashes the system.
I always use load options to open assembly quickly but still I get frustrate sometimes open assembly. Do you have any shortcut/tricks to open assembly other than this? Please advise.

Regards,

Arvind
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC 8.3

"People can take everything from you except luck"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try loading it with the option Structure only, File - Options - Assembly Load Options - Scope - Load pull down menu. Then open sub assemblies and parts one by one and watch where the structure have difficulties to open or the system crashes. Afterwards when you have located the problem try using Part Cleanup of that specific part/sub assy and see if it helps. Or sometimes a Save - As operation is also solving problems.

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

Thanks Mike. However, as communicated in my precious post, I always use load options which you are describing and also I use "Open by Proximity" but still sometime it get crashes and wastes my entire work since because it kick me to restart the system:( I do not want to go one by one as I'm looking shortcut tricks.

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Do you run 32 bit Windows or 64 bit ?
In case you run 32 bit, try open the same assembly on a 64 bit computer. It might be the RAM limit you are interfering with.

Can you send us the part of the error log when this happens? It's located in the the temp folder normally, open and save it before you restart nx again.

Best regards,

Michaël.

24.0 GB

But are you running a 64-bit version of NX? Just because the system is 64-bit does not mean that the version of NX that you've installed is also 64-bit.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John, Mike -
I'm running 64-bit Xp machine..We use this intentionally to give good performance.. Is that you're asking me?

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Error message is...
"Error recovery completed for the following error: An attempt was made to create a link between objects in different parts".

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Arvind, Johns question, : The NX software must also be the 64 bit version of NX to utilize the 64 bit Windows.
The way to check is to read the start of the NX logfile, it should be similar to the example below

See last line :

============================================================
Information listing created by : Tomas
Date : 2012-06-12 18:38:48
Current work part : C:\Users\.....
Node name : xxxx
============================================================
*** C:\Users\Tomas\AppData\Local\Temp\....
*** system log created by Tomas on Tue Jun 12 18:03:51 2012 W. Europe Daylight Time

Node Name :- xxxx
Machine type :- GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 7, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2820QM CPU @ 2.30GHz
OS :- Windows NT (x64) 6.1 (Workstation) (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
:- 64 bit software version

1651129 The problem where updating a drawing raises the error "An attempt was made to create a link between objects in different parts" is fixed in NX 6.0.

This is a copy from the PR list in NX6 but you are using NX 7.5.5.4? Have you installed a MP on the NX installation? If not try installing MP2 and see if the problem is solved.

Best regards,

Michaël.

24.0 GB

All –

Thanks for your valuable input.. I am able to resolve that issue, but my intent was posting was concern I just needed to know is there any shortcut / tricks to open big big assembly.

Regards,

Aj
Mechanical Engineer

UG 7.5.5.4 & TC8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back