Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sub assembly problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

Aerospace
Apr 27, 2004
US
I have a subassembly which shows rebuild errors while in the next higher assembly. When I open the subassembly it shows no error. Also when I conduct a mass properties execution I recieve no data except for the location of the CG. Has anyone run into this before. I have cleared my temp file and repaired the installation of 2004 sp3. Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The rebuild errors are in the sub assembly. If I open the subassembly in its own window there are no errors at all. Well I just converted lightweight to resolved and for some reason this time it eliminated the errors. I have been trying that tactic for 2 days and it hadn't worked. Thanks for the help. Do you have any tips for resolving my mass properties issue?

Lightweight and large assembly mode will mask a lot of errors in subassemblies and parts. it is a logical downside to lightweight.

Are you sure you are not saying "no" to updating the assembly when you switch back from the subassembly?

John Richards Sr. Mech. Engr.
Rockwell Collins Flight Dynamics

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Do you have imported data? If there are ilegal imported enteties, that could mess with your assemblies and mass properties.

Regards

I have found that if I open the higher assembly then open the sub assembly with errors from the higher assembly and rebuild it in its own window then go back to the higher assembly window, SolidWorks will prompt me to update. If I check yes the rebuild errors go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back