Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sub-Model at a specified location of Global model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chen1

Geotechnical
Jun 29, 2013
US
Hello
I need to know how can i generate a submodel at a specified location of the global model, I saw a video on the You-Tube, in that video, the sub-model is generated by trimming the un-necessary parts.

Actually i do not want to use this method, because the Global model does not have interface since it is one part, but i want to add interface in the submodel, so i want to start the submodel from scratch. In other words, i want to draw this submodel in the part module.

So i need to know how draw this submodel at a specified location, for example suppose the sub-model is a cube inside the Global model and i know the co-ordinate of each point, so i can input the X and Y co-ordinates, but how can i make the Z-cordinate in the submodel is equal to the Z-cordinate of the Global model.

You know after we imputing the x and y co-ordinate, the thickness is extruded in the z-direction. and it will start from zero.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can draw the sub-model in the patrt-module regardless of the coordinates directions. Then create a coord-system in the part positioned to express the desirde coordinate-values for the corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back