Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-Sea Hydraulic Actuator 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtek

Marine/Ocean
Sep 21, 2006
GB
I am looking for manufacurers of Sub Sea Hydraulic Actuators. I received enquiries for valves c/w hydraulic actuation on occasion and never seem to have much options. Does anyone supply sub sea hydraulic actuators for needle valves?

nick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you looked at G.H. Bettis? I installed a gas over oil actuation system on potable water reservoir outlets. No problems yet in 15 years.

Nerio,

Are the Dantorque actuators capable of modulating service if married to a hydraulic servo valve (e.g. a Moog or similar)? I can think of a couple of our butterfly valves in modulating duty on IP steam where this actuator could be a solution.

----------------------------------
image.php
Sometimes I only open my mouth to swap feet...

The Dantorque's are beautiful compact actuators, but tend to be on the pricy side. I don't know how the helical spline would hold-up for extended modulating service. This would be a very expensive part to replace if you had too.

Best to talk to your local rep for more specific info.

However, as these are quarter turn actuators, I don't think they would work for Subtek.

I think the problem is that not many people supply sub-sea hydraulic actuators for linear applications, especially small needle valves. Maybe if you opened up the floor to other valve types, you might see other options for the actuator as well.

Andy

Sircrashalot, you are right. I dind't

realize subtek was looking actuation for a needle valve. Dantorque is a solution for quarter turn valves.

Nerio.

ScottyUK,

Dantorque actuators are designed for On-Off Service, however you could talk to your local Rep.

Shafer is also a good option on Hidraulic, Gas/Hidraulic & Subsea Applications.

Nerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back