Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Submitted and then frozen Job (runing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cansand

Structural
Jan 14, 2007
CA
The job is sumbmitted
Under the job (Submitted)
and
The job input file "Dam1" has been submitted for analysis.
After that the Proccessing is frozen
The Dam1(runing) doesnot appear
Any body can tell why the JOB in not runing
There is no mistake in the modeling itself because yesterday the same job was completed
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

After submitting the job, (in the "pre-" phase) ABAQUS analyzes the model data for potential weird stuff (i.e. prone to error) one might have put in the model, before the .inp file is generated and the solver is launched.

In some cases this period can take a significant amount of time.

Dear xerf
The same job used to start Runing quickly (5-10 Seconds) , why now it takes at least 10-15 minutes.
Is something wrong with my ABAQUS as far as my PC is concerned
Thanks

Xerf

I could not understand what you meant, but now the Job is completely frozen at (Submitted). I have been waiting for three hours but it is still frozen
Thanks

I was saying regarding to what may be wrong that:
....maybe some of the licensing processes for the solver (either client or server side) stopped working properly.

ABAQUS checks the license validity from times to times. If the license verification (which is ensured by separate processes) fails (e.g. solver license), it might be possible to get in such a situation...I think. For the beginning, you should try to restart your machine....as azidah said.

hi hpp,

did u try to delete the job and create a new job and submit it again?

I deleted the job and log off and shut down the laptop for couple hours.

We had some problems with this from our firewall software (Symantec). Before submitting the job, we had to disable the firewall, else information wouldn't be sent correctly. The job generally *would* run, it just wouldn't show progress or that it was completed (have you tried just hitting Results, to see if anything has happened?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back