Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subpump design

Status
Not open for further replies.

salumi

Petroleum
Nov 19, 2006
LY
please can you send me any software about how to design Subpump or Rida pump ,also if you can send me the name of a book that can help me, Thanks

Salumi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you mean an ESP...

First plot your inflow curves (for you r reservoir pressure and PI). then plot your outflow curves (for your chosen tubing size).

An ESP effectively moves the inflow curve up wards- so replot the inflow curve with a pump pressure of, say, 1000psi. This gives you a flowrate. You then look at the pump curves for the ESPs that will fit in your casing and calcualte the number of stages you need to produce 1000psi and your calculated flowrate. If it's something stupid like 600stages (ie a pump too long to run into the hole) you'll have to start again with a lower pump pressure.

Almost any book covering artificial lift will walk you through the design process for an ESP, as would most production engineering books. The likes of Centrilift and Reda probably have books (and courses) on ESP design too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back