Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

subsurface WW disposal from 50 seat restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garymill

Civil/Environmental
May 3, 2007
US
Does anyone know of a resource or have information on the design, construction and operation of a waste water disposal system for a 50 seat restaurant. This project is in the country where there are no municipal utilities. I need info on grease removal, preliminary solids removal, subsurface areation systerms followed by anerobic decomposition and a drain field, and grit traps.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I live in an area that has some municipal utilities, but many areas still rely on individual waste water systems and wells. Commercial developments generally have to go with a mechanical system, which removes nitrogen, then uses the treated effluent for landscaping water. I live in a very arid climate, so this may not be an option in wet areas. I would try making some phone calls to septic service companies. They may be able to point you in the right direction for manufacturer's specs, and can be a wealth of information. I think that grease removal is generally just done with a grease trap prior to waste going to the mechanical system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back