Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

success with rivatuner! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
53.03 is the driver you are suppose to use with the actual Quadro 500 FX. It is that driver that has been approved by SW for that card. Since your hacking the card with drivers, then I would say that's why your Realview isn't available. It's because 1 that card isn't approved and 2 those drivers are also not approved. I would venture to say your SOL, unless you go and spend about $225 for the card. Small price to pay if you want to have and use realview, plus stable drivers.

Plus another benefit of the card, You VAR can't blame the video card for the problem as often.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

Scott,

I disagree with your statement. According to SolidWorks website, NVidia driver version 44.03 is a certified driver version as of 7/13/03 as well as the 53.03. The hacking is a separate issue and that is what is being discussed here on this thread. Mitsu50 was able to get his Geforce FX 5200 card to work with realview by applying the rivatuner qaudro hack. Since he was able to get it to work, I am wondering why I don't have the same success. I am fully aware that my card is not a quadro card, and don't have any plans to ask my IT department to buy me one. If I can get what the qaudro card gives me for only $99, then I will just as many others have had success in the same way. My VAR should not be blaming software issues that are non-graphics releted on the card anyway and if they tried I would tell them to try that story somewhere else, because it doesn't fly.

There are a number of issue that happen because of your video card. Even things happen with approved cards. Mostly because of the drivers. The fastest way to check if the problem is video card related is if you check the Software OpenGL and the issue goes away or your video issue is improved. This will vary depending on the situation. I wasn't saying that they would blame the card just because. There are things to test to see if that was the problem.

IfMitsu50 was able to get it to work then he should be the one repling in this thread. Since your not using an approved card. I can't honestly say what the problem is, but i'll bet it's in your drivers.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

If you are in the SW Forum Check out the FAQ section

To make the Best of Eng-Tips Forums FAQ731-376

I wanted to see if anyone else out there applying this hack had some advice for me - Anyone, Anyone,? Bueller?

The latest driver that will work with this hack is 45.23.
All more recent drivers are protected,(so far)
I used 45.23,applied the hack exactly as directed on my FX5200,and now have FX500 Quatro with RealView enabled.

The latest driver that will work with this hack is 45.23.
All more recent drivers are protected,(so far)
I am using the FORCEWARE driver 61.76 on a Geforce 2 card and the Rivatuner hack with no problems.
The FORCEWARE driver is the same driver for Geforce, as well as the Quadro line. Read the last paragraph here:
Download official Forcware here:

As far as Realview showing materials in a single part, but not in an assembly, it might be that you have a color applied in the assembly because I had the same problem until I figured it out.
In the assembly, right-click the part and choose "Appearance" > "Colors".
In the "Selection" box, pick the part, and pick the "Remove Color" button. Apparently this supercedes any material that is applied and "Realview" ignores the material.

Flores

I should have said for the FX5*** series cards.
The original poster has one of these.
As you say, the forceware drivers will work with the Geforce 2/Quatro hack.

I recommend all of you that are experiencing problems to check out the rivatuner forum
there should be info on which drivers are the latest to work with this mod. The mod will work on your 4200 cards.

For all of you with ATI based cards, a similar hack is available with the same tool, and there also exists a socalled freefireGL driver to make the process easyer.

Best of luck !

I've hacked lots of cards including ti4200, ti4800se and lately a 6800 gt into a Quadro 4000 FX! Drivers used 71.84 Rivatuner is great - chech out 3dguru.com

Early in this thread, alexit asked about hacking a GeForce4 4200 GO (note that this is not the same as a ti4200). I've not seen any specific reply to his question. I've tried a couple of different driver sets but have not been successful. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the GeForce4 4200 GO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back