Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suddenly menues lost! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

valibuzatu

Mechanical
Apr 29, 2003
DE
Please help me, I´m a beginner. I´m neu in your Forum and I´m not so strong in English. I´m working with Solid Edge V10 on Windows NT 4.0 and I´ve suddenly lost the Icon-Menues. Yesterday, as I left my workplace, it was everything O.K. Today, as I started my work again, I have no menues enymore. That someone-else my computer used is excluded. That´s not the first time. If nobody knows why, maybe knows somebody how can I turn my menues on.
Till now I´ve backuped my computer every time but it takes a lot of time and it loose a lot of informations!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

With your mouse right click in the gray area above the working space. You should see a list of toolbars. Click on these until you find the ones you need. If nothing shows up you might need to reload Solid Edge.

When I lost my toolbars in V10 I ended up contacting Solid Edge support. To restore the toolbars they had to walk me through a process that included editing the registry.

Thank you for your answer. When I right clicked with my mouse in the gray area above the working space there was no list of toolbars! In between I managed it. I´m working over a 10/100Mb net and my Profile was ended! I worked with a verry large asambly and I had not enough space 0n my "C" partition, so my computer striked several times. I don´t understand why but some configuration files are wroten somewhere in my profile on the server. So I removed my profile wiht an older one and I succedeed! But I even don`t know why. What have My NT 4.0 profile with solid edge configurations to do?

valibuzatu,
In Regedit, the list of settings for software etc. the selection of which settings to use is made based on the person logged on, on the profile-name. If you select another profile, other settings are used.
Sometimes things get messed up, and your toolbars dissapear. Editing the regedit-settings can solve the problem. Be extreemly carefull, because editing Regedit may cause the computer failing to work propperly, and you will end up reinstalling everything.
Depending on the used version, in Regedit (fount in the Winnt-directory), go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\[current version]\[application name]\Toolbars and delete this 'directory'. Restarting SE will restore the default Toolbars. Again: Only do this if all other things fail!

Regards,

Pekelder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back