Suggestions for A new Company name. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

malikasal

Structural
Nov 17, 2013
AE
Hi Engineers,

I am struggling to find a name for a new company, the services that it will be providing includes the following :

1- Engineering Services for Structural Steel.
2- Software Development ( Mainly for Steel Designer and Fabricators).

I would be grateful if you suggested some suitable names for a company like this.

ôIf you don't build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs.ö

Tony A. Gaskins Jr.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"SS" anything.

Are you mad?

It's only marginally better than"Final Solution" anything or "KKK" anything

Remember history counts.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

That doesn't make it a good decision to name your company after such a WW2 vile organisation.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

thank you guys for your input.

my advice for anyone who is looking to start his own business in the future, and has a name in mind is to get the domain name from now.

I have been trying for more than a month, literally any name I liked is already registered.

ôIf you don't build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs.ö

Tony A. Gaskins Jr.

Your name is far less important than your ability to meet customer needs and wants. Prove yourself as capable and your name could me "Jenny in a Blue Dress" and it will not matter.

Creative names are good for new customers who have never heard of you but sustained business is based on meeting the Client's needs and expectations. I have worked with a very successful underpinning contractor called 'Yo Mama Construction".

Don't overthink it.

"SS Engineers" is the best name i think. it makes good impression and your company will be considered robust and big. forget about the past, don't look back.

Pole Volter with a logo of a silhouette of a pole vaulter.

I set up a firm on paper a few years ago to be ready with plan B during a downturn. Just having the name "Engineering" in it caused me to incur annual firm licensing fees and a minimum local annual tax assessed on engineering work. If I were to do it again I would leave "engineering" out of the name so I could wait to pay those fees and taxes when I was actually doing some engineering work.

@SandCounter: I've read that sentiment a few times now. It's sticking with me. I don't think I'll put Engineering in the name. I see more people using "Consultants" or "Design" and (less often) "Structural"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back