Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suggestions for an .AVI editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADGemini

Mechanical
May 12, 2004
US
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any good suggestions for an .AVI editor. So that I can manipulate the .AVI's that are produced in Solidworks.

I was wondering if there is one out there that can create start and stop points throughout the .AVI. For instance if I have an assembly going together and I want to advance the .AVI to a specific point in the assembly without having to search for it manually using the standard windows player. Is it possible to do that? Or maybe convert the .AVI's to a different format, So that I can incorporate a user's click of the mouse to advance the .AVI to the next position.

Please respond with any ideas you may have.

Thanks,

Jon

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -Albert Einstein

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Scott,

My company has already purchased a software to edit .AVI's called MediaStudio Pro7. However I need to be able to add key points in the .AVI so that users can jump to specific areas of the .AVI depending on what part of the assembly they want to look at.

So I guess I need to rephrase my question to Looking for a player or converter that will create those key points in the .AVI. Maybe it doesn't exist.

The program that we purchased has an option to do this when converting the file to a DVD format. Just wondering if there is another way without having to create a DVD menu, title, etc.

I do like the suggestions so far. Keep them coming!

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

macPT,

We are using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7. Maybe I am missing something but I haven't found the software that comes with that package that does what I am trying to do. Besides the mentioned DVD Creator that comes with the software package. But that means I have to create a DVD menu and sub-menu, etc. I am trying to bypass that step and just have an .AVI file play with the specified key points in it. Or is it possible to turn an .AVI file into a Macromedia Flash file that I can add buttons to, So the user can jump to different sequences in the animation.

Hope I am making sense. It's been a long day for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back