Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Super Large Hydraulic Cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am now looking for more information on Extremely large Telescope hydrualic cylinder support for a "Fly away" carousel for an amusement part.

The weel can support at least 1440 KN lifting force and 300 Bar Internal Pressure Plus Length about 5m (2 stages) e.g 4+1 3+2...etc

4+1 types
====
----=
====

3+2 types
===
---==
===

I am looking for such kinds of cylinders data for FEA.. anybody know where can i find more information about it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not to familiar with specs, but I would try Dump truck Manufacturers they use them to dump 20foot long trailers. Also garbage trucks use large telescoping cylinders.

The type of cylinder you are talking about is not something most manufacturers would have on hand. My experience with the amusement park industry has been that there is not a large demand for these types of large cylinders so they are mostly custom designed as the application arrises.

If you really need this information you will have to contact the manufacturers directly with your application and they will design what you need.

I would also point out that the large, tilting amusement park rides like you are describing do not use a telescoping cylinder. A dump truck uses a telscoping cylinder for space, and pressure reasons. An amusement ride, which is fixed, does not have these same limitations. Just something to think about.

The type of cylinder you are looking for shall be
custum built to meet your requirement of deflection
and load carrying capacity.Any prominent hydrualic
cylinder manufactures will design for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back