Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Suppressing feature from transfering to a mirrored part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entx

Automotive
Nov 3, 2003
US
I've been searching for a way to suppress a feature, so when you use:

INSERT >> MIRROR PART

about a plane it leaves the feature in the parent part but does not transfer it to the mirrored part. We engrave our logo into the part and unfortunately our logo is not symmetrical...so as it stands when we mirror the part our logo is carried over backwards...

So what I have tried to look for a check box or something that allows you to not carry over a feature on mirror...similar to the option of not including in BOM for drawings... This way the original part has the logo and then the mirrored part we would just add the logo in there...

Surely there is a way to do this...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well...after looking at it a bit...I though I would just create an boss feature to fill in the logo on the mirrored part and then just redo the logo from there...I get the same results, but if anyone know how to remove a feature from getting mirrored without suppressing it...that would be great...

Create a config in the parent part with the feature suppressed. Use that config for mirroring. You can change which config gets used by right-clicking the mirror feature and selecting List External Refs.

Thanks...I'll look into that...I've never really created a new config...so I'll play around with it till I get it...

Again Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back