Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surface Interference 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuntPA

Civil/Environmental
Mar 21, 2012
US
I am modeling a roadway through mountainous terrain in civil 3d. In doing so, I have created the alignment, profile, corridor, and corridor surface. I set the target of the corridor and surface as the existing surface. The corridor surface itself looks good. When I do a drive, the existing surface is overrunning the corridor surface through the new cut areas. How do I create a new surface that shows the proper interface of the corridor with the existing in cut areas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Create a new surface, paste in the existing ground surface (surface definition > Edits > (rt click) Paste Surface, then paste in the corridor FG surface the same way.

#

Pinwards solution works well. Another way to do it would be to add a non-destructive boundary around the corridor and hide the existing surface. I prefer Pinwards solution because cut/fill volume analysis might not work if a hide boundary is applied to the existing surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back