Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surface to Surface interaction error in ABAQUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aravindkj

Bioengineer
Jun 15, 2014
SG
Hello Guys,
I need help
In my model I have a block. The side plates are fixed to the central block using a nail or peg. The side plates are encastre at the bottom and a pressure is applied on top of central block.

When I use Tie constraint between (plates and central block, Pegs and Central block and peg and plates) it works fine.

I need to have a frictionless contact between the central block and the plate. I used Surface to Surface contact(standard),Sliding formulation as (surface to surface) and Interaction property as Tangential behavior (Frictionless).

I get the following error.

***ERROR: An error occurred during a write access to
C:\Users\ajay902\AppData\Local\Temp\ajay902_Tie_square_sTOsINT_2124\T
ie_square_sTOsINT_stdSolver.local_0 file. Check the disk space on
your system

Please help me.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ba6b8751-a0f1-41ad-bc30-85cd30a66bf6&file=Surface_to_surface_interaction.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aravindkj!

As indicated in the last sentence of your post, the problem is "the storage space" on the computer disk you are storing the results on (NOT with your model or ABAQUS). Check free disk space on the disk you are storing the output files of ABAQUS. You will certainly have insufficient storage space, compared to that required by ABAQUS for storing the output. Create sufficient free disk space, either by deleting unnecessary files or moving data on some other disk or storage. Run the software again. Most probably, you won't get this error again.

Thank you so.much for your reply. I changed the constraint immediately to.tie and ran the simulation. It worked fine. I have more than 500gb in the disc. That's the reason I am puzzled. And thanks once again for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back