Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surfacing Indentation Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mernok1

Dec 13, 2021
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have created a surface between four curves using Through Curve Mesh. As you can see on the images the cross curves are different and the transition creates an indentation starting from the cross curve on the left. I would like to vary the direction of this indentation to match the direction of the red line.
How can I achieve this?

EngTips1_ne6ogh.jpg

EngTips2_oyhrfc.jpg

Many thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As you are selecting the curves you have the ability to change the direction of each curve.

Capture_mbuxsw.jpg

The curve direction of each selection is determined by the what end of the curve you are closest to when picked.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

I think you are trying to make a single surface "do to much" in one go.
One must when working with surfaces be prepared that "sharp corners" does not / cannot exist on an edge such as the one seen to the left, the surfacing software will approximate that into a small "bend". -Within the distance tolerance of that surface, there is a tiny tiny gap at that corner.
( this is unless the surfacing software allows G0/C0 seams between patches which NX/Parasolid does not. )

Try create a new curve in the direction of that red marker in the picture and create two separate surfaces instead. Then that indentation should follow.

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back