Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2004 Office - eDrawings not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMichaels

Mechanical
Mar 5, 2002
US
My problem is that the eDrawings icon in the Office toolbar is grayed out and does nothing. All the other Office icons are ok. EDrawings is not listed under Addins. There also is no "Publish to eDrawings" under the File menu. Is there a way to re-install eDrawings Pro ?

I have installed Solidworks 2004 sp2.1 with Office on 4 machines from my Administrative image on the server. The image and installs are using MSI.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try doing a repair on the installation, but your probably going to have DL Edrawings from the SW website and install it.

When you DL that file, it is the full version just with a SP installed on it. You could DL the file, put it up on the server, and let your users copy and install the program from there.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Would the download version be the Pro version, as we should have available with Office ? Will it require a serial number to run as Pro ?

Edrawings is edrawings - It includes the both types (Pro and non-Pro versions) - It's your SW Reg code that activates (or in your case the SNL license file) Edrawings. Anytime you upgrades SW you should ALWAYS DL the updated Apps or options below that pertain to you and your installation of SW.

You do realize that the Help files are updated for each new SP of SW. But they are not included in the initial DL of SW? You should always at least update your Help file.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back