Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2005 SP0.0 how safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macPT

Mechanical
Oct 22, 2002
PT
Hi all

As an experienced CAD user and Design and Development manager, I never use the first releases of software to work.

The thing is that I've been testing SW2005 and it has some improvements with significant impact in our work.

So I am trying to compare the risks and the benefits of an imidiate transition from SW2004 to SW2005. I personally didn't detect any problem until now.

Does anyone experienced problems (speed, bugs, compatibility,..) with SW2005? How safe Sw2005 SP0 is?

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Another problem with SW2005:

When selecting a fitting with tolerance, in a dimension,the fitting is OK but the tolerance shows +0 and -0 instead of the fitting deviations.

Regards

cliffcalgary:

The rev control in PDMWorks does not control the one on the drawing as stated. Even though we have a numeric rev scheme configured in PDMW2005 the SW revision table defaults to the alphabetic scheme. If you were at rev 02 in PDMWorks and added a rev to the table it would come out as rev "C" not 03 as you would expect. The selection inside PDMW to not show the working copy in the table does not work as well....it still shows up and you have to delete it.

You have to be very procedural as well. The revision table on the drawing does not update until after you check the document into PDMW so you can't add revision symbols until you've checked in the document for the rev you want to see. You can either configure PDMWorks to enable you to overwrite the last revision and then force the rev to stay the same after you add the rev symbols or add a revision directly to the table.

If you add a revision directly to the table you will need to change it from a letter to a number (if using 00,01,02 etc.) and then check in the document. When you add a revision to the table PDMW does not know you have changed the rev so you will have to make sure it is set properly on check-in. The "Description" property in the revision table is actually the "Note" column on check in. If you enter something directly into the table it will be overwritten upon checkin by what is placed in the Note for that file.

It basically does not work as you would think.

wtait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back