Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2006 Open GL issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedee42

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2007
CA
Hi There,

I'm having a problem turning off the software open GL in SW 2006. I recently installed a Quadro FX 4500 and in am running a certified driver but still cannot turn off the Software open GL. In the tools pulldown under options, the "Use Software Open GL" box is check and greyed out, so I cannot uncheck it.

Any suggestions?

Thx

Mike

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Start with a fresh session of SW. There should be no open files when trying to access the OpenGL setting. If the setting is still greyed out, you may have the wrong driver installed.

[cheers]

K, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers I downloaded from the SW website for the Quadro FX 4500. No luck, same issue. I also downloaded the most recent driver from NVidia's website and for the GPU and came up wit the same result.
Oh yeah, SW is open with no files loaded and the Software Open GL box is still greyed out.

Could it be that a portion of the previous graphics card driver is still lingering somewhere and SW is latched onto it for some reason?

Problem Solved. Thanks for the help.

I had to remove a lingering Asus display driver that was only being recognized by SW. Windows was only seeing the FX 4500 and it's driver but SW was latched to this Asus driver.

Anyway, uninstalled the conflicting driver and all is well :)

Thanks again

Mike

I dont know if anyone ahs already posted this, but we'll see.

I was experience the same problem as above posts and had spent long time searching for a solution.

I recently upgraded from SP0 to SP3 and installed some apps. This is where the problem started.
After uninstalling Cosmos M, the "Use software OpenGL" option became editable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back