Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2007 ...changes on security and licensing policies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauricioM

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2005
US
Good Morning, day, evening whatever you are!
I received an email for an "Administrators Summit" to talk about licensing policies and distribution methods for SW2007.
My question is, Does anyone know what this is all about?
because the current policy is ridiculous and I do not need more headaches.
We do not have a network license a this moment so you can imagine how much money we are paying per sit. plus subscription customer agreement....this is insane!
[thumbsdown]
Thanks.

(Mechanical)
Solidworks 06/PDMworks 06
Windows XP Professional 2002
AMD Athlon(tm)64 Processor 3000+
NVIDIA Quadro FX 700

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These bundled packages are an opportunity to purchase CAMWorks and a SolidWorks OEM version for a fraction of the cost of purchasing CAMWorks modules and a full version of SolidWorks at MSRP.

CAMWorkShop Parts

* 2.5 Axis Mill
* Turning
* SolidWorks OEM version (Parts & Assembly)*
* SolidProfessor multimedia training CD: CAMWorks Mill Fundamentals and SolidWorks Core Concepts

*The Solidworks OEM version in these bundles includes all the functionality of the Part and Assembly modules, with the limitation of not being able to create a complete 2D detailed/engineering drawing with a title block due to the absence of the Drawing module. A Drawing file (.SLDDRW) cannot be opened or saved in this version. A version that includes the Drawing module is available for an additional charge.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520​
How to find answers ... faq559-1091​

What do the Cam/Works bundles cost with the OEM Solidworks?

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2006 SP4.0 on WinXP SP2

I don't know. It has been a few years since we got our CamWorks/SolidWorks licenses and I do not remember what we paid for it or what our yearly maintanance is for both packages.

I do remember that there was a good savings with just getting the Parts and Assemblies option for SolidWorks.

Best to get with your VAR that handles SolidWorks and see what they have to offer with regards to CAM software and SolidWorks bundles.

Regards,

Anna Wood
SW06 SP4.1 x64, WinXP x64
Dell Precision 380, Pentium D940, 4 Gigs RAM, FX3450

...so, when it is recommended to switch to a network license??
....anyone?

(Mechanical)
NVIDIA Quadro FX 700

I would switch as soon as I have more than 1 part time user. Even with the small place we have now. We have two people that use full time and 1 that uses mainly Alias but occasionally uses SW. If we get one more person which we are looking to add and that person uses less than 3 hours a day we will probably go with three seats networked so that the 3rd license will float and Alias user and the new guy can share the 3rd license. Hope that makes sense.

KMaren

Yes! it gives me a good idea when to switch.
Thanks KMaren.

MEM

(Mechanical)
NVIDIA Quadro FX 700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back