Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2009 SP 0 is out 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just tried to run a drop test. These are computationally demanding so I tried to be economical with the meshing. Part of the assembly was a pipe which lends itself to being modelled as a swept surface. That was done. Opened a static study and the surface automatically appears in the parts list ready to be meshed as a shell. One thing I do not like about the new way of defining mixed meshes is that I now have to hunt through the study listing of solids, beams and shels and exclude those that solids that have been modelled with a surface. This was done automatically in 2008 when the shells could be defined in Cosmos.

When I then opened a study for a drop test (Simulation Professional) I found that the surface did not appear in the component list. Not sure why this would be the case.

Still having problems opening past Simulation studies. I may have discovered a novel way around the problem though. If you open a part without a study and then open a part with the study the program doesn't crash - at least not so far.

Like i said I was told it was in the license agreement, but I was unable to find it saying that specifically... unless they are using words to indicate this without actually saying it directly.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Scott, by "not directly' I'm assuming you mean lawyer speak. I just re-read the 09 agreement that is available when you are ready to download and my eyes started crossing after a few paragraphs. Still couldn't find anything referencing SP0 as not for production, but then still not going to install just yet either.

Harold
SW2008 SP4.0 OPW2008 SP1 Win XP Pro 2002 SP3
Dell 690, Xeon 5160 @3.00GHz, 3.25GB RAM
nVidia Quadro FX4600

I would suspect if its in there now it would be in there for past releases... but I think the person that mentioned it to me might have been mistaken, even though they are a trusted resource of mine, it might have misunderstood.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

I would think that's the case since it's quite common practice not to use SP0 for serious production work--but putting that in the license agreement doesn't make any sense to me (since it really doesn't have anything to do with the user agreeing to legal terms).

Still, Rich Welch says, "I do believe that we can and will deliver SP5 quality in SP0." That might cause some pain in the near future. We'll wait and see--it would certainly be great.

Jeff Mowry
A people who value security over freedom will soon find they have neither.

All,
I asked the question awhile back in this thread and no one has responded to my question.

"Has anyone tested SW2009 with PDMWorks Workgroup? Is there a new server software version?"

I would just like to know if there's any issues.

Thanks

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2008 SP 4.0
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 3450 512 MB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

macduff,

This thread has already gone off-topic enough. You might have better luck with responses by starting a new thread.

[cheers]

I wanted to download and install SW09 SP0 on my home computer and it didn't work. I was told by the installer that I need a DVD with the program.

Good point CBL!

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2008 SP 4.0
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 3450 512 MB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back