Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2010, Auto Relief Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisnewzealand

Mechanical
Apr 1, 2009
AU
I don't know if this is a problem with SW 2010 SP 4 or if it's just me?

When I create a sheet metal part using the "Convert to Sheet Metal" tool I always get auto reliefs and even when I unchecked the button for auto reliefs they come back?

Can someone with SP4 verify this, it's driving me insane!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When I open your file, I get the same results. (SW2010 SP4.0)

Any changes to the 'Auto Relief' section do not stay when I close it. I can change the relief size and it automatically reverts to 0.5, I can uncheck the box and it automatically checks itself again, I can change the style of relief and it automatically changes back to rectangular.
So, you're not crazy.

But, if I open one of my own sheet metal parts that I have created. I can change all of these variables as I want and the changes hold.

So, I don't think it is a SW SP4 issue. It might be something in your settings that is causing this, or an error with your install.

Hope this helps.

When you say they come back, do you mean in the same part or on subsequent parts? Does it happen on any part you create using convert to sheet metal or just some?

Jeff Mirisola, CSWP
Design Manager/Senior Designer
M9 Defense
My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back