Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW 2013 overlapping windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

metman

Materials
Feb 18, 2002
US
When the Document Properties dialog is on the screen, some of the bottom portion of the DP window is covered by the win 7 task pane. In other words, the DP window is slightly too large for the screen and the arrow cursor cannot access the OK, Cancel, Help buttons because they are underneath the task pane. I can grab the top of the DP window and drag it around but cannot drag it up because it is already at the extreme top of the screen.

Any suggestions?

Design for RELIABILITY, manufacturability, and maintainability

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Appaarently the install gismo was lying to me because it did NOT fail to install the new driver accorcing to the SW Rx Diagnostic as shown below:

System Manufacturer: Dell
System Model: Precision M4600
Card Manufacturer:
Card Model: ATI FirePro M5950
Your Current Driver: 8.851
Diagnostic Results: Your graphics card is supported and the driver is up to date.
Card/driver combination information can be found at:
8.851 IS the up to date driver according to the link provided above which is different from the driver (8.14.01.6210 that was initially installed on this laptop and was still showing up shortly after the so-called install failure. Maybe it just needed time to think.

Q1) Is there a way to check if this also corrected itself?
Q2) Is this a problem or can I ignore it? Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 RedistributableFinal Status: Fail
Q3) I used to know how to make the pretty quote like CBL before they changed the format here on tips. How To?

mjcole,
I will try your suggestion
because the driver did not affect the dialog/task bar porblem.

Design for RELIABILITY, manufacturability, and maintainability

Turn off the OptiPlex from within the Bios... that I know causes a problem with those Dells and the Graphics. The Radeon card has never been a supported card or one that works well with Solidworks... don't believe everything you read, check it out for yourself... you should go to - you will not see an ATI card listed there with the word Raedon on it.

We purchased the 4600 a few years ago with the Quadro 2000M and the resolution on those 4600's PC's are 1920x1080. Your resolution is controlled not by the PC, but by the video card you selected.

ATI Drivers are huge pain to remove and replace, try disabling that Opteplex first, because it might fix a lot of your issues or its at least the first place to start.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Berry Plastics
Cad Admin\Design Engineer
GEASWUG Greater Evansville Area SWUG Leader
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back