Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SW forcing Partial Section View

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeInSoCalif

Industrial
Feb 14, 2005
US
So I saved my drawing of an assembly that contained some sections on friday. This morning I open it, and it tells me that one of my sections is a partial cut, and will now make that sectaion a partial section. I cant figure out why it does that. I can see in the resulting section that some parts are no longer sectioned. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County
Solidworks User Group

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

two things to check:

- are all the line segments of the section line still connected?

- what happens if you pull the ends of the C-C line farther away from the ends of the view than you think it needs to go, for example, pull the ends of the lines a couple inches away from the part edges.

Hit ctrlQ a couple times just to make sure.

Or maybe the cut line is constrained to something that was changed or deleted, turning it impossible to be correctly resolved.

Good Luck

The mould plates are shown fully sectioned, so the segments of the section line must be connected.
It is only some of the inner parts which are not being sectioned ... hence the partial section error.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Weird: I flipped the section and it sectioned ok. Flipped it back, and its still a partial section. I also checked dangling relations, and found none. I also dragged the sections further and no luck. So I got it to work, and I can live with the direction going a different way, but would still like to figure out why its a partial section.

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County
Solidworks User Group

Mike ... Pleased to hear you found a workaround, but if you get the chance, see what happens if you re-create the section.
i.e. Delete existing section & section line, save, close, re-open, then add section.

BTW, what version of SW?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back