Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW to pdf or dxf macro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hititfaster

Mechanical
Nov 24, 2010
GB
I not sure what the form is with this, so I'm happy to be guided: it's made my life a lot easier/faster/generally less monotonous so thought I'd share.

I've been trying for some time to get batch printed pdf's from a pack of SW drawings, but without any real success. The pdf writers I've tried all need inputs when used with task scheduler (they ask for file location, etc) and when I give them the input, they chop parts of the titles out so I still have to spend time re-naming. Sigh...

So, I decided to start looking into macros. I'm far from expert when it comes to code, so was getting a bit fruatrated when I kept finding acres of code which then had to be modified to be used. Then I found this site:
I followed the instructions (with the addition of adding a new tab onto my top toolbar, naming it 'MACROS' and dropping the buttons there) and within a few minutes had completed the task. It was beautifully simple even for a codophobe such as myself and has SMASHED the amount of time it takes for me to generate a pack of pdf's and a pack of dxf's for our customers from SW format drawings.

Quite frankly I think whoever wrote this deserves a medal - it's the best solution I've managed to find for a problem that has been irritating me for some time, so I wanted to share!

Hopefully this will be of use to others.

Nice one
This works a treat

Jim Self
SW10 SP4.0
Dell Precision T7500
Win 7 64bit
6GB Ram
Quaddro FX 4800
dlplimited.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back