Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SW World - Who's going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMiller

Aerospace
Jan 30, 2004
US
I'm going to SWW this year. I'm not sure what to expect but somehow convinced management that it will be worthwhile. What should I expect?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll also be there, 3rd year in a row.

You should expect a very busy place with record attendance. Every day is filled with break-out sessions and it's a good place to pick up some tips, tricks and knowledge. Expect some very good speakers and a peek at SW 2007. Expect to have plenty to do, eat and drink and you will have the opportunity to meet many other users and SW employees. It should be a great time as well as a worth while learning experience.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
President: Northern
Vermont SolidWorks User Group
SW 2006 SP 2.0

Im flying up on sat the 21st, and flying out thursday the 26th. Im staying across the street from Ceasars at Imperial Palace. As far as wondering whether its worth the expense to go, its my first time, but based on the info I picked up at the regional event back in sept, I expect to pick up lots more in Vegas. Im also taking the CSWP exam on sunday, so wish me luck. Wonder if I pass, will they let me attend the CSWP event monday night? Also looking forward to meeting the other user group leaders at the summit on monday the 23rd. And of course lets not forget the off-site event at the speedway on tuesday night!

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County
Solidworks User Group

I'll be there.

I met some people last year who took the CSWP exam at the conference. They were graded immediately and if they passed, they were able to attend the Monday night event. I don't see why this year would be different!

Good luck on the test.

Mike,

If you pass the CSWP on Sunday you will be able to attend the CSWP event on Monday night. Good Luck

I'll see you at the user group meeting Monday afternoon.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
SW 2006 SP 2.0

This is my first time going. My company had no problem signing me up. But my wife is a little jealouse a week in Vegas could be fun, never been there before

Tom Malinski
Sr Design Engineer
OKay Industries
New Britain CT

I just got registered this morning and I simply can not wait. I am actually going to fly out a little early, Saturday morning.
Hope to meet some of you there. A possible good idea, maybe anyone from the forum who will be there could wear some kind of identifier. If eveyone who attends gets a badge of some sort we could put a colored sticker on it for example.
Just an idea.

Bloodclot

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

So a quick list of who's going:

bloodclot
darnell
EdHulse
MikeInSoCalif
MElam
MrMiller
rockguy
tmalinski
Smcadman

Any others out there going? Over 13,000 registered members here and this is all that gets to go?

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

Anyone know what the CSWP offsite event is? Im hoping to attend if I pass the test on Sunday.

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County
Solidworks User Group

In the ones I've been too there has been food but its not really a "dinner" (full meal) per say. It's more like snack or finger food and beverages as well as activities. the activities depends on where the event is held. I would say its more like a Super Bowl party than a night at the Oscars.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
(updated 1/12/06)
SW 2006 SP 3.0

Where is everybody staying? I will be staying at Caesars Palace. Maybe we could set up a time and try to meet somewhere for some drinks, etc. Just a thought, it would be nice to put faces to the names. If you are interested put down what evening would be good for you.

Bloodclot

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back