Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SW04 Beta - How many have signed up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
How many of you have signed up for the SW04 Beta? Now's your chance to test drive SW04 and see if you can find the bugs and put your .02 cents worth in, the look of SW04.

Good chance for you complainers to get the stuff you want to see fixed in SW04.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [frog][elephant2]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've signed up, and I'm chomping at the bit...

Before my IT department will download it, they have a few questions.

We use a network license, and they want to know if I can use my existing information, or if I have to use a certain serial number and authorization key?

They also want to know if I can install it side-by-side with SW03 without any troubles.

Wanna Tip? faq731-376
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

You should be able to install it np next to SW03. I have it installed with SW01+, SW03 all together on one machine.

As for the serial number it should use the one you have on your machine and automatically give you a temp reg code while doing beta testing.

Best Regards,

3DVision Technologies
faq731-376

Put them into separate directories on your HDD. Use customize when installing.

Put the CD in your CD-ROM and install, just be sure to customize your setup and that's it. Just don't get click happy, be sure and read everything that's going on per each menu.

I have my SW03 installed to a directory called "Solidworks03"

My SW01+ is installed to a directory called "Solidworks01+"

SW04 beta is installed to "Solidworks04Beta"

If you have toolbox change the directory for it also, with the same routine as above (Toolbox03,Toolbox04 Beta)

All these file folders are all located under C:\Program Files
All on the same machine

IHTH,

3DVision Technologies
faq731-376

Did it seem to make a difference which order you installed them. I had 2003 on a machine and tried to install 2001+ and it didn't work. I've been meaning to try again but haven't had the time. I know many people here who had 2001+ and then installed a seperate version of 2003.

Hmmm..

No, because if you look in the registry it may put all the information in a file folder called Solidworks, but in that folder there is another named that is the same as the version your installing.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\Solidworks2001Plus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\Solidworks2003

SW04 beta is located (at least on mine) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Solidworks\Solidworks2004

Having them both installed SW03 and 01+, you may have some conflicts with your add-ins if you have both version open at the same time.

When installing a second version of SW you just need to remember to put in a new directory instead of using the same default directory and you should have any conflicts. I have been doing it like this for years. That goes for Toolbox as well.

Regards,

3DVision Technologies
faq731-376

we are also using a network license and i tried to install it a a new installation but it has an error that it cannot find a server that support this version. Because probably our server has the 2003 version.

I already emailed to solidworks just today on how to proceed. Do you guys know what to do? Do we have to install the beta on our server also?

ZhaZha421,

What I found out is that you also have to download the newest SolidWorks Network License (SNL) Manager. I think currently the SNL is at version 11, but to use the Beta, you have to use version 12 of the SNL.

Wanna Tip? faq731-376
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Hi Madmango,

I downloaded also the network license manager(although not sure if it is the latest) but it is looking a a serial file. I tried to browse on the existing solidworks directoty and the the sw2004 beta but i seem to cannot find the serial file.

If anyone has problems with SW04 beta whether it's with installing or not, try posting your problem in the discussion NG
SW has made it clear in other NG's that "Anyone Posting to this NG in regards to the Beta version of Solidworks 2004 will be removed from the Beta program. This version is not open for public Discussion" You can find this post if you go to comp.cad.soildworks or
Best Regards,

3DVision Technologies
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back