Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW04 BOM moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogibear

Mechanical
Sep 5, 2002
US
This seems odd to me but maybe someone has seen it before. We took the standard bom template that comes w/ sw04 and modified it to fit our needs. The issue comes in that if we put the bom into an A size drawing it lines up to the titleblock like it should. If we put it into a B, C, or D size drawing the bom seems to get bigger and doesn't lineup to the title block anymore. In the A, B, C, & D the title blocks are the same size.
Anyone seen this one.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think I've seen this. If you have SP1, go back and confirm you column widths, row heights and font size. Also, recheck the font size for your tables in document properties, to see if they are all the same.

Nice about SP1, they now allow you to specify column widths to your choosing.

We are useing SP1. I've saved 4 different bom templates A, B, C, & D. Lets say on the A size I make all of the columns add up to 140mm then I save the template. If I try to reinsert that same bom it doesn't come up to 140 it's like 145 or something. It doesn't even seem to be saving my changes now.

I agree with "t2design", SP1 has a lot of fixes for BOM's. One thing I wish for is the "QTY" and "ITEM" widths to be a little more narrower. I know you can modify the cell width, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

[neutral]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back