Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW2003 ProE Decrypter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesleyc

Mechanical
Sep 15, 2003
US
I'm new to SW, can anyone give me so input of decrypting Pro-E files. I can find the decrypter on their support site as I was instructed....is this a lost cause for now?

Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have heard the PS-Exchange decrypter works w/ Pro/E.

Otherwise, install Pro/Desktop Express. This will allow you to read Pro/E files and export them to IGES.

[bat]All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted.[bat]

Use Pro/Desktop and export Parasolid for SolidWorks.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

SBaugh is correct. PTC are greedy prima-donnas. But they're just shooting themselves in the foot. Yelling at them might help your stress level, but they are so thick skinned they would just laugh in your face and then try to sell you 55 copies of Pro-E. I think they all used to sell used cars.........

You can forget the Pro-E converter - it had to be pulled last minute.

However, I think SW might do a better job of highlighting that fact by now.

3/4 of all the Spam produced goes to Hawaii - shame that's not true of SPAM also.......

I recently tried using the Pro/Desktop solution to this problem... but even Pro/Desktop couldn't read the encrypted WildFire files? What is going on here? Is PTC so paranoid that they are locking down their own applications?

FYI: My company (SW users) sometimes contracts work out to a Pro/E shop. We're going to have to stop doing that because we can't read their files anymore. I hope this gets back to PTC central. Bunch of wanks.

Have your PTC user get the step export module and export the pro e files as step file. By the way i have not had a problem with clients Pro-e Files yet. Pro desktop is supposed to be able to read wildfire and so far ours is. Is the file a large assembly or the part using the surface module for pro-e, i know these will cause a problem for pro-desktop sometimes.

For those with current supscription support, SP1.0 for SW04 is out (11/06/03), and the ProE Translator is included.

MadMango
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

The new SW2004 still cannot open Pro-E parts that are encrypted...what's new is that you get a message telling you to decrypt the file first using Delcam's PS-exchange...which there is a fee associated for this service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back