Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW2005 CRASHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamianC

Industrial
Apr 6, 2004
IE
Having recently installed 2005 ,it keeps crashing for no apparent reason.I am running it on Windows XP.Yesterday I updated to windows service pack 2 after been advised by my support centre and I also updated the SW service pack to 0.1,I'm still having the same problem.Is there anyone else having this same problem and do they have a solution to stop this.I anxiously await your feedback.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) What video card and driver are you using?

2) Have you tried doing a repair on your SW Install? - faq559-908

3) What are you doing when it crashes?

4) What are your other Computer specs?

5) Have you cleaned out your TEMP files lately? - faq559-884

Answer these questions and maybe we can help further.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

faq731-376

1) What video card and driver are you using -- NVidia Quadro 4 900XGL

2) Have you tried doing a repair on your SW Install? - FAQ559-908 - No but I will (I done a clean uninstall before I loaded the service packs,it shouldn't be this)

3) What are you doing when it crashes? - Apart from been close to putting my fist through the screen I just restart SW again

4) What are your other Computer specs? - Dell workstation 2.2Ghz 1 gig of ram 40Gig Hard disk

5) Have you cleaned out your TEMP files lately? - FAQ559-884
- No but I'll do that too,to see if it helps.

1) What video card and driver are you using -- NVidia Quadro 4 900XGL - [red] you didn't list your driver version - See faq559-1027[/red]

3) What are you doing when it crashes? - Apart from been close to putting my fist through the screen I just restart SW again - [red] I take it from the response it's widows that is crashing and not SW? If it's SW then... when is it crashing and what are you doing?[/red]

4) What are your other Computer specs? - Dell workstation 2.2Ghz 1 gig of ram 40Gig Hard disk - [red] what is your Virtual memory set too?[/red]

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]

faq731-376

4 900XGL - you didn't list your driver version - 6.13.0010.2841
3) What are you doing when it crashes? - It's Swx thats crashing,found it in drawing mode a couple of times when I was editing a section line but it's not down to that all the time.
4) What are your other Computer specs? - Dell workstation 2.2Ghz 1 gig of ram 40Gig Hard disk - what is your Virtual memory set too? - 1536MB

When you loaded the software and particularly the service pack did you disable the antivirus software? The antivirus will knock out sections of code leading to instability. Been there done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back