Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SW2005 Insert Mate like Autodesk Inventor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjellin

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2001
US
Hello All,

I haven't used SW since version 99. I've been using an older version of Inventor. One handy inventor mate is the insert mate. Its basically a combined concentric and coincident. Very handy for mating two holes, a bolt or shaft to a hole.

Is there a mate for this or do I have to do a concentric and a coincident always for these. There must be some short-cut.

Also, to rotate its middle mouse button, pan its ctrl-middle mouse button. Again I'm just used to Autodesk stuff, but middle mouse is pan, and ctrl-middle mouse is rotate. Is there an option anywhere to change this?

Thanks
Jason

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1) Check out Smart mates in the help files.

2) Many mouse softwares allow customisation of buttons.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Smartmates is something I only thought worked on screws and holes, I didn't know it worked on other parts and features. m1mason, keep up the good work on them clips.

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

Chris ... your company blocks you from using the Shockwave add-in? Is there a security risk with it?

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Chris,

I do have the HTML file associate with the swf file. If you want I can bundle that with it if you can use Internet Explorer to view flash files.

CBL, yes they do. There is a security risk. We can no longer have shockwave or flash, etc.
m1mason, that would be great ... thank you.

Chris
Systems Analyst, I.S.
SolidWorks 06 4.1/PDMWorks 06
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 06-21-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back