Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SW2008 Installation, Missing Directories 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest4k

Industrial
Aug 31, 2005
US
Good afternoon. Well, I finally got SW2008SP1.1 and I am installing it, but I just noticed that there is no c:/SolidWorks/SolidWorks/Users/templets directory any more, so where do the templets go? The same goes for the design library customer stuff? Thank you for any assistance rendered.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You find it now at
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2008

Remember...
[navy]"If you don't use your head,[/navy] [idea]
[navy]your going to have to use your feet."[/navy]

I belive the change has more to do with access using Vista and its 'new and improved' security features.

Remember...
[navy]"If you don't use your head,[/navy] [idea]
[navy]your going to have to use your feet."[/navy]

Well, with the "new" method, you should easily get different set-up/preferences for each user that logs into the system--so that seems a bit smarter to me. The way Windows stashes user data so deep doesn't make sense--but it's been that way for years.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Windows sucks who the hell would want to have a Folder called Documents & Settings very poor judgement on their part.

Vista is so drastically different than XP that Solid Works gave up on supporting Vista for 2007 SW. Microsoft wants to try to force people to use new and underdeveloped systems and destroy the framework that Open-GL uses for graphics.

Companies like 3dConnexion have started to hide their configuration files under Application Data as well I was searching for those files for weeks until I came to that conclusion.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back