Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SW2012 Performance Degraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMarinshaw

Mechanical
Jun 19, 2002
US
Last month I upgraded to SW 2012 from SW2011 SP4. I have noticed a significant decrease in performance - simple input tasks (like editing a sketch) are taking 5 -10 seconds from the time I click or RMB click before the command become available for execution. I had no issues with SW2011 or earlier versions. SW2012 SP1 has not helped either. My system is WIN7 Prof 64Bit with quad-core AMD & 8 GB RAM. I have plenty of computing power but no patience for this tortoise-like speed. Wish I hadn't upgraded now. Anyone else experiencing slower performance issues with 2012?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, but also not sure why the graphics driver would need to be updated. Are SW upgrades uniquely linked to graphics driver versions? I'll do so if one is available and see what happens.

I have an SW approved graphics card and I did install an updated driver yesterday. That helped very marginally to speed up the performance but the problem remains. Funny how the difference between a running CAD monster machine on SW2011 to a crawling tortoise was only the hour and a half to upgrade to SW2012 SP0 - SP1 made no difference. I will try to run the RX solution or even reinstall it and see what happens. Thanks for the support that SW2012 is not the issue. Merry Christmas to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back