Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWAPI, openning and closing part files

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am writing a macro that reads and writes custom information to a drawing file (.slddwg). One piece of the information in the drawing file is in the part/assembly file. So the macro has to get the information from the drawing file and paste it in the drawing file. I have two cases to deal with 1) the part/assembly file is open and the macro simply gets the information and paste it on the drawing. 2) the part/assembly file is closed and stored in a harddrive someplace. Now the macro has to open the file get the information then close the file. Case 1 I have already solved. In case two I need to get the file name (part/assembly) so that I can open it. The rest is pretty much the same as case 1. Both files will always be in the same directory so that narrows the search down considerably.

Please give me some ideas on how to get the file name so that I can open it extract the information then close it.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back