Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sweep wants to twist along guide? [Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5H4D0W

Mechanical
Mar 29, 2018
NO
I am using NX12. I am experiencing an unfortunate twist in the sweep and I can not find a way to solve this.

Capture1_dmzfbv.png

Capture2_ihpz2x.png

I am trying to transition from a square section to a circular section. As you can see in the images, the transition is twisted 45 degrees, as if subjected to a massive torque.
How can I avoid this?

I also tried to sweep from square to square, and using a variable radius blend, but only two of the edges on the rectangular cross section are recognized as edges, and thus no edge blend can be applied to the other "false edges". (Why doesnt it make real edges?).

SOLVED - See my third post.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

JohnRBaker said:
You need to use 'Align Points' to force the desired orientation.

I feel stupid for asking, but where do I find this command?

Also, If I have square sections, is there a way to make all the sweep edges appear as edges? I only get two true edges and two 'false' edges along the sweep (sorry if poor explanation).

And thank you so much for helping me!

SOLVED

The twist can be attenuated by selecting Alignment: By points in the Section Options.

Enabling the preserve shape tick-box in Section Options solved the missing edges problem.

Capture5_xw2fqi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back