Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWW 2006 Prsentations 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockguy

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
US
I have posted the two presenations I gave at SWW 2006 at my website. The presentations are "PhotoWorks Essentials" and "Drawing Automation, that was easy". When you visit the site you can find the presentations in the "SWW Presentations" area.

I would like to thank everyone that attended the sessions and invite your comments or feedback.

See you next year in new Orleans!

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
President: Northern
Vermont SolidWorks User Group
(updated 1/30/06)
SW 2006 SP 3.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Chris.

I'm feeling very "violated" Matt. No just kidding, us user group guys have to stick together. Which presentation on your site is the "tips & Tricks, misc. debris"? I really wanted to attend that session but didn't have time. I heard you did a nice job with it.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
(updated 1/30/06)
SW 2006 SP 3.0

You guys both deserve a star.....excellent.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.0 on WinXP SP2

Hey,

Amazing job both of you guys. I hope all the rest of the guys will also post there links here so that I don't have go and search to find this amazing stuff like I did this weekend.:).

Want to take this opportunity to thank rest of the community for an amazing job. Cheers to SW Community.

Regards

Thanks, Rob.

The Tips n Trix presentation was the best attended. I was a bit on a roll, it seemed folks laughed at almost anything I said. That was only worrisome the once or twice I was serious about something. Unfortunately, the jokes are not included with the presentation. The zip file has all the sample parts in it, and weighs in at a hefty 26 Mb. It may be taking a while to upload, so you may not be seeing the correct data yet. It should be done by now.

Also included are the Evaluation Techniques for Plastic Parts and the Hybrid Modeling Techniques presentation, along with some of my other user group presentations.

Excellent presentations. Thanks to both of you for publishing them.

Welcome to the forum Matt. Hope you can spend lots of time here. I see you've been checking us out since Sept '05 ... glad you didn't write us off as a lost cause. [lol]

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

This place is way better than comp.cad.solidworks which seems to be dying a slow death.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP3.0 on WinXP SP2

Cor,

I've poked around in here some since as others have already mentioned, the technical value of comp.cad.solidworks has regrettably dwindled. Actually, I found this forum because it kept showing up on my website statistics as a referrer. Turns out you have me listed in your FAQs.

Thanks all.

Matt Lombard

I was lucky enough to attend Matt's Misc Debris presentation, and it was great. Lots of laughs, but tons of info. You know a presentation is good when you see people continuall writting down information. That definately should have been in one of the 1 1/2 hour time slots. Im thinking about filling in some time at our Feb meeting with this presentation.

Great job Rob and Matt!!!

Mike Puckett
Group Leader
Los Angeles/Orange County
Solidworks User Group

Keep an eye out for Mark Biasotti's PhotoWorks II presentation when it becomes available. It was probably the most informative presentation I have attended over the past 4 years at SWW in terms of leaning new things. I was amazed at all the tricks he mentioned.

For example, are you using HDR images in photoworks? If not you really need to get the presentation. It has made my rendering output improve hugely.

I do use HDR images and agree it can work well. It makes setting up ID much easier. Next year at SWW I'll probably do an advanced PW session. Since I have learned a number of things from Mark myself I'm not sure I can match his session.

Mark's presenation should be made available soon, I'll have to check it out. That is one session I really wanted to see but had a conflict.

Rob Rodriguez CSWP
(updated 1/30/06)
SW 2006 SP 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back