Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Symbols in API - Collaborative Task 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanganaksakha

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2007
IN
Last week when I was exploring about dimension styles. I recorded a macro adding box as prefix to a dimension as a part of this learning.

The statement recorded was:
Code:
boolstatus = ModelDocExtension1.EditDimensionProperties(0, 0, 0, "", "", True, 9, 2, True, 0, 0, "<MOD-BOX>", "", True, "", "", "", False, 2, "")

I was wondering as to where from this string "<MOD-BOX>" originated.

I found that it comes from the gtol.sym file - the symbols definition file.

Then I asked myself, how can I remember this string? And there are at least a few hundred symbols if I am not wrong.

So, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a list of all strings as ready-reckoner. It will save time for programmers.

So, I started it and added details of three items in the uploaded SwkSymbolsInApi.xlsx file.

But this requires lot of efforts and I alone will not be able to complete this task.

So I thought I would request forum members to join in an collaborative effort to build this resource.

If you can post info about symbols as and when you find time. I will update the file every week-end and repost it.

Afterwards, if the forum rules allow me, I will post it as an FAQ so that it is a permanent resource to programmers.

(Getting image of a symbols is the most tedious task for me.)
SwkSymbolsInAPI.xlsx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is built in to SolidWorks. Just click the "More symbols" button and you can see the entire library. To get the string for any symbol, just hover over it.

Screenshot_2022-08-15_095517_ieruon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back