Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System paramter list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrzebien

Industrial
Jul 1, 2005
US
Where can I find a list of the system paramters that come within Wildfire2. example: "model_name" etc. For some reason I can't remember where the standard list of system paramters is. I'd like to add a peramteric note to my drawing with the weight of the part in it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Weight is not a system parameter. You can add the parameter mass as shown in your part:

mass = mp_mass("")

and then use &mass[.3] in your relations. The [.3] specifies the decimals.

-Hora

Another quick question: Can I wna to calculate a part weight based on created dimensions, example:[(&ad1 x &ad2)/ 144] * 2.133
ad1 = dimension horizontal
ad2 = dimension vertical
144 = converts sq in to sq ft
2.133 = a weight factor for sheet metal (ryerson cataloge)

Ina drawing, you cannot show a result of (&ad1 x &ad2), but you can add this relation in your part:

mass = (d1 x d2)/144*2.133

where d1 and d2 are the two dimensions used to define the area.

Then in drawing just write Weight = &mass[.3].

-Hora

Thanks for the help but the dimensions do not exist in the model. This is a sheetmetal part in the flat pattern. We model the bent-up and let the system un-bend the flat. The parts will not have actual model dimensions to use in the drawing.

Ok, then use Analysis feature to create the part area. Then In relation mode apply your parameters to this and you'll got the mass:

mass = area:analysis1/144*2.133

where area is the parameter from the analysis1 (for example).

The analysis feature must be the last feature on your part in order to achieve the correct results (I mean if you put the analysis before creating the holes, you will not have the right area).

-Hora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back