Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Systems Safety Assesment Training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kontiki99

Electrical
Feb 16, 2006
US
Can anyone recommend a good source of training for system safety assessment training. If possible I'd like to obtain some recognized credentials for developing STC safety assessment documentation.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are several courses that can be taken. Last time I checked, the University of Nebraska in Lincoln has a 23/25.1309 course.

Kansas University offers a 4 day class on 1309 safety analysis. I just finished it last week and it was pretty good. Suggest you look into fault tree analysis and FMEA analysis first, then take the class.

Thanks dgapilot,

I did realize that I probably should be looking for FMEA training first, but hadn't started digging yet.

wktaylor,

I looked at that material. I think it's related to the FAA safety management initiative. I believe there are new rules and their approach is a QA type organizational approach. Probably good stuff, but not what I'm specifically looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back