Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tap and tap drill depth tolerances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figbash

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2003
US
The default tolerance on tap and tap drill depth tolerance on the hole callout is three places. How do I change it to two places in the drawing template? I'm using SW12.

Thanks,

Tom

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That will change it in the current drawing but when you open a new drawing the tolerance reverts back to three places. I want to change the default value of the tap and tap drill tolerance in the drawing template.

Tom

Thanks, but as near as I can tell, there is no way to change the tolerance on the depth of a tapped hole under the document properties. If I create a drawing of a part and use hole callout to dimension a tapped hole, the default tolerance on the depth of the tap drill and thread comes up as 3 places and it can be changed to two places in the property manager. I would like to know how that info can be saved in the drawing template so it doesn't nave to be changed for every drawing.

Tom

Thanks, but that changes all dimensions on the drawing to two place. I only want to change the tap drill and thread depth to two place.

Tom

You can set the number of decimal places for a hole callout under Tools>Options>Document Properties>Dimensions>Hole Callout. However this affects the hole diameter, and depth as well as the tap depth. For an individual dimension, you can set the number of decimal places for the hole diameter separately from the hole depth and tap depth using the property editor for the dimension.

I would be interested to know if anyone has found a way to set them separately in a template.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back