Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Taper Flange Blade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtD

Mechanical
Dec 26, 2012
NZ
Hi All

I am a reasonably new user of SolidWorks and I am having a bit of trouble sorting a stand-off profile on a blade. What I need to do is extrude a small 'T' beam with a taper on the underside along a equation driven sine wave. Please see attachments for clarity as it is hard to describe exactly what I am after. The taper profile is required on the bottom edge of the flange and needs to run along the profile length. At either end a solid build up is present and a profile is cut using revolve cut. Through the centre I have used offset cut from the top edge which has a profile on the top edge and I have selected it to transfer the profile to the bottom to maintain a constant thickness. I am not sure how to go about introducing a taper flange at this point or to change my model to a profile loft using the sine wave as a guideline and sticking the ends on afterwards.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kurt

(Documents on Google Drive)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back