Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target Contact Element

Status
Not open for further replies.

aphilic

Bioengineer
Nov 4, 2006
TR
Hi everyone,

I was trying to do an analysis and i defined a contact couple as "rigid contact with pilot node". As long as i know the purpose of this option is to determine a rigid contact element and that you will use it moving, for you also define a pilot node whose movement gives the rigid contact element's movement. Well i defined one before but today i tried and whenever i give displacement on the pilot node, only the pilot node moves, not the rigid contact element. Anyone has any idea what the problem could be?

One more question. I did a static analysis with contact elements which worked correctly. I gave a displacement and measured everything i wanna know. Then i tried the problem to be solved as transient analysis and suddenly contact didnt work! The target (moving) element just penetrated into the contact element, it just sank into the contact element. But, when i do the analysis in static things turn into normal behavior. I have no idea why these kind of things happening, anyone has?

Regards,

Can

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Sorry mihaiupb, i could not get it. Is this answer for my second question (Why works in Static Analysis and why not in Transient)? Well i gave the same substep number for the same displacement for both. Isn't that enough?

Thanks for your response, by the way, I appriciate you.

Regards,

Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back