Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Target of a Balloon in Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antografia

Apr 20, 2014
GB
Hello,

First of all, I want to confirm that the numbering automatically generated with the tool "Generate numbering" of the Assembly Design is locked and don't admit modifications. Is there a way to choose your own numbering? What I've always read is that is impossible, even via Macro.

And now the real problem. I'm trying to find out (via Macro) how to know the Part Number of the target of a Balloon. When I create a Balloon on a Drafting, before clicking the target, the Part Number is recognized and appears next to the cursor. Is there any property of a class where this Part Number is located and related to the balloon created?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

An example of what I want is the "marker3Ds" of a 3DAnnotation (in the Navigator Workbench) wich contains the target Product you clicked to create the annotation.

Thanks in advance.

With scripts is not impossible. You need to create a custom parameter on your parts/Products. You need one macro for the assy to make the numbering and one for drawing to read the parameter from the 3d

Thanks for the answers.

I don't want the "automatic numbering" from the Assembly Workbench. The automatic creation of ballons uses that numbers created. I just want to create a balloon manually, put the number manually and to recognize what Part Number is the target of that balloon, all in the Drafting. Then I will be able to create a BOM (I don't like the automatic BOM) with these manual balloons and all updateable.
With VB6 I get the item and the number of the balloon, but not the target. This is what I'm searching.
If I create a parameter for the number it will point to a CATPart, for example. How can this number change when I put a balloon with this CATPart as a target? I don't know the connection between the balloon and the Part Number...

I've found this:

Dim myText As DrawingText
Set myText = ActView.Texts.Item(1) 'my text item
Set theLeader = txtFirstText.Leaders.Item(1) 'the leader of mytext
Set Target = theLeader.HeadTarget

MsgBox (Target.Name)

With this you can see the name of the entity you're pointing with a balloon. The problem is when you point some line or space of the view (front view or Isometric view), it doesn't recognize anything. It only get things like Dimensions, or geometry created.

I've also noticed that you can get an Editable Automatic Numbering if you create an Advanced Bill of Material. You get a table where the numbering can change. Is not updateable (you change the numbering in the table but the balloon won't change, and vice versa) but maybe via Macro I could connect the parameters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back