Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Task List Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkeslar

Computer
Feb 7, 2002
US

I want to include in my task list some tasks that do NOT have a Start Date at this time. I can change the duration to 0 days and by checking 'Hide on Task Bar' the task does not appear on the Gantt chart, but if I try to clear out the Start Date the task always defaults to the project start date.

How can I set the task so the start date is blank?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure how you can have a task without a start date, but that is a philosphical argument.

Not sure if it is what you want, but you can set the start date before the project start date. So it appears that the task has already started.

Good luck

Hi Rkeslar,
I can only assue that you want to do this for reporting purposes and they are curently unscheduled tasks which you want others to know they exist, but don't want them to see fictitious dates.
You could create 2 new colums with, say Start1/Finish1 and copy/paste the Start/Finish dates into there. Then hide the original Start/finish columns as well as the relevant bars on the gantt chart. You may also like to rename the Start1/Finish1 columns to something more relevant. Finally, select each date you don't want to show and backspace will give you a NA result.
Remember, these dates will not show any changes to the schedule, so this exercise must be done each time you want to report.
Hope this is what you're after.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back