Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tce catia integration scripts not launching

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi folks,

We use Teamcenter engineering along with catia integrated.We have the integration tool bar defined in catia which run the catia scripts.When i try to launch a particular script ( for example load i man script ), its not running the command.When i hit launch teamcenter,its not proceeding further to launch tce.Should i reinstall the CATIA vba in my machines or any thing else in registry i should be doing? need your suggestions please.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Launch Teamcenter is only calling portal.bat from Teamcenter. Do you have a proper configuration for the environment variable : TC_PORTAL_ROOT ?
If you launch any command from Teamcenter (TcIC command) does it work?

Hi EBsolutions,
Thanks for your response.There is no issue with the configuration of teamcenter and environment variables are ok.The other commands with in the teamcenter like creating a new item,revison are ok.I see issue only with regards to the integration part and the launching of the scripts.when i hit load from tce in catia which is a script its not moving.

ok.
Challenge is to know if the problem is CATIA command not calling the script or if the problem is with the script by itself.
If you launch directly the macro Teamcenter.CATScript, does it work?
to do this :
- Start CATIA
- Go in Tools -> Macro (Alt +F8)
- Run Macro Teamcenter.CATScript (from tools -> Macro). this macro is in %TCICV5_DIR%\CATSCRIPT

If you do this, does it start Teamcenter or not?

Hi EBsolutions,

Thanks for your reply.I can try it.Will let you know once i try it.Also another issue is that when i give load in catia,i get the message "save in temacentre engineering in progress".there is no save running actually.i could fix this only with a restart.any ideas on this error would be highly appreciated.
on the script issue i will update you shortly once i check it.thanks.

Ok. If you have possibility to do application sharing I can try to figure out what is wrong on your installation.
It sounds you are facing a configuration issue here.

Hi Eb solutions,

Thanks for your interest.i can no way share the Application as it is inside the company.If you can give me the inputs then it would be great so that i can check it myself.By the way in some cases it is getting loaded in the integration folder (cache),but not in the catia.any issue with the scripts?

can you activate TCIC journaling, by setting these Teamcenter preferences :
• CATIA_journal_catia = Yes
• CATIA_journal_client = Yes

Best is to activate those preferences only at a user level to avoid to impact everybody. Files may be huge for large assy

Those two preferences will generate traces :
• In %temp% on the client machine
o Need to collect journal files. They will be named like this
• tcic_client_infodba_1153726994_save.xml
• tcic_client_infodba_1153726994_save.syslog
• tcic_catia_infodba_1153726994_save.xml
• tcic_catia_infodba_1153726994_save.syslog

I would also need you to collect in %work_dir%\tmp : LaunchMacro.bat.out, desc.xml

Hi EBsolutions,

Thanks a lot on your interest.I can share the "launch macro and desc.xml " files.Regarding the two items you have mentioned is it the environment variables that needs to be set in the admin login? I can send you these files shortly.

Hi Friends,
I have a question here on Tce - catia integration.When we try to load some assemblies from Tce to CATIA it is not loading all the subassemblies.Its not loading few subassemblies.We could neither find them in speciification tree or in the geometry area.Any ideas where we are missing out?

Hi,

in directory %work_dir%\tmp, you have a file called desc.xml.
does this file contains or not missing subassemblies?

if you create Teamcenter preference : CATIA_journal_client = Yes

In %temp% on the client machine
o Load command creates a fil like :tcic_client_infodba_1153726994_load.xml

do you have any java exception in the xml file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back