Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TCL for post building

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaineam

Aerospace
Jun 5, 2012
US
I am trying to build a certain header in NX post builder and am kind of stuck on a certain part.

Recently started using expressions to create a master model so everything is looking at one model instead of changing a bunch of different things or repointing when there is a rev change etc..
I have it so i can pull the expressions for the part number,part revision, and smi revision into the post and pull in the date and time through a seperate custom command.

Now we have some files that wont be switched over to the master model theory as they take weeks to program and wouldnt be beneficial. Does anyone know a custom command that could be used that says if its not using these expressions/cant find them then dont put anything?

Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Im not sure where it should be. I just figured Siemens NX is desired and mostly used by aerospace shops like ours and was looking at where id get the best results. Do you think i'd have a higher chance of getting answers in a different forum? Im not too familiar with this site or where exactly to post so i looked around until i thought id found the right area. Let me know if you think id have a better chance somewhere different. Also not exactly sure what FEA is but isnt it something to do with safety in structures and materials? I was looking for a more programming post building area to put it into who have maybe messed with post building or TCL codes before.

Thanks.

Ya thats were i ended up posting it. I wasnt saying NX is used more in aerospace than any other CAD/CAM software out there. I was more so going along the lines of NX is mainly used in aerospace and not tool and die or so much automotive etc. I know many aerospace companies such as Boeing, Bombardier, and french companies use Catia to design many of their planes such as the 777 etc. But also we dont do much designing/engineering etc. which i know alot of people love catia for.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back