Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TDM - user permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivkug

Automotive
Apr 12, 2004
IN
Hi,

we were using 1 XP machine with IDEAS 10 for 6 months using administrator login. All the projects and Libraries were created in this user login.

Now i have additional 5 Machines of same setup. and working on all the machines using the administrator login.

Recently, In one of the machine I had created another login with name ideasadm. Upon creation of this login. My old administrator login is not found in the user control panel. I had to use only ideasadm on that system.

Using `ideasadm` login I can access I-DEAS but other projects it is not accepted for CK. Ideasadm user is added in project managment also to acess projects.

But i cannot acess other Projects for CK...

Please advice

Thanx n Advance,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

you may try to control the user-class of your "ideasadm".
To do this, start the dmadmin (you should be administrator for this), choose memb lt 1 . The class of your user "ideasadm" should be at least manager.

Good luck.

Simba69

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But I could not see the administrator`s user ICON while I login into XP machine. I find only one ideasadm user ICON to login.

What I doubt is that, While creating ideasadm login I had selected it under administrator`s group and this replaced the Adminsitrator`s login with Ideasadm Login.

Even though XP has accepted this change, my IDEAS software still recognises administrator login as its manager, not the idesaadm.

plese comment.

If you change your XP setting under "User Accounts" within the Control panel and switch off the Welcome screen this will give you the Login GUI where you will be able to continue to use the original Adminstrator Login.

Once you are logged in as Administrator follow simba69's instruction and use DMADMIN to set up Membership class and Role Assignments for any other User Accounts that you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back