Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Team work schedules

Status
Not open for further replies.

geesamand

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2006
US
My team is faced with a constant barrage of requests to perform work. They come from several sources in the company and the scope varies widely. Keeping track of who is doing what, when they'll be done, and how/when the next new thing will be done is a major challenge. Let's say we have 6 people in the team, averaging 2-5 tasks per day.

I've never been a rigorous scheduler for myself. I've been keeping some track of this in my head and relying on processes but it's not enough. I need to step up.

Interested in your methods for managing team schedules. It doesn't need to be digital. The method needs to be fast, flexible (constantly changing priorities and timelines) and preferably portable. I need to have a picture of workload at a glance.

A whiteboard would work but it's not portable. A planner book is portable but it's not flexible and visible to all. A digital scheduler might be right for this but the ones I've seen take too much effort to keep current. A perfect tool might have myself and team members both contribute to keep it accurate.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'll put in a second vote for Trello. We used it for almost exactly what you are describing. Can use it from the desktop (browser-based), or mobile app. Typically we would have a Board for each person and "To Do", "Doing", and "Done" lists on each person's board. Its easy to move items between lists and boards as well as add notes, attachments, and due dates to items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back